Trainee Evaluation Period and Active Volunteer
- This training period is a time for new LAH handlers to ask questions and learn by example.
- Team Leaders will provide specific feedback and help ensure that LAH guidelines are followed.
- Team Leaders and experienced members at LAH programs will assist you in developing and improving your animal-assisted therapy skills.
- Get involved by attending general meetings and…
- LAH Vice President and his/her designees will review your participation and make a determination as to whether you and your pet are ready to be an active LAH volunteer.
- Some teams may need additional experience to reach the required active volunteer skill level.
- As an active volunteer, you must complete a minimum of two team visits per month.
- Get involved by participating in General meetings, Orientations, Evaluations and other events. You must contribute at least 4 hours per year.
- You are always welcome to attend a Board Meeting to observe, and provide input/feedback.