Once you’ve met the basic criteria, it’s time to observe Lend A Heart in action and apply to be a volunteer.
Request a Shadow Visit at least ONE WEEK in advance by email, email@example.com.
- It helps you determine if becoming a team with Lend A Heart is a good fit for you.
- One Shadow Visit is required as part of the volunteer application process.
- You may shadow several visits. This allows you to see the variety of program types and the clients served.
- It’s a good opportunity to socialize your pet and at the same time, learn more about Lend A Heart.
- Lend A Heart holds a monthly business meeting at 7:00 pm at the Sacramento UC Cooperative Extension, 4145 Branch Center Road, Sacramento (near Kiefer Boulevard and Bradshaw Road).
- We do not meet in December.
The packet has three parts:
- Part 1 – Volunteer Application
- Part 2 – Obedience and Behavior Verification Form (dogs only), completed by a trainer or behaviorist with you and your dog.
- Part 3 – Health Screening Form, required for dogs, cats and rabbits. Must be completed by a veterinarian, please attach proof of current rabies vaccination, fecal test results and proof of spay/neuter.