Once you’ve met the basic criteria, it’s time to observe Lend A Heart in action and apply to be a volunteer.
Request a Shadow Visit at least ONE WEEK in advance by email, email@example.com.
- It helps you determine if becoming a team with Lend A Heart is a good fit for you.
- One Shadow Visit is required as part of the volunteer application process. Our current offerings are fewer (but are increasing) than what is posted in 2019 List. Please email to inquire about an available shadow visit.
- You may shadow several visits. This allows you to see the variety of program types and the clients served.
- It’s a good opportunity to socialize your pet and at the same time, learn more about Lend A Heart.
- Lend A Heart holds a quarterly business meeting at 7:00 pm at the Sacramento UC Cooperative Extension, 4145 Branch Center Road, Sacramento (near Kiefer Boulevard and Bradshaw Road).
- We do not meet in December. NOTE: All meetings are currently online through Zoom – COVID-19.
The packet has three parts:
- Part 1 – Volunteer Application – Now ONLINE – Click HERE to START Part 1
- Part 2 – Obedience and Behavior Verification Form (dogs only), completed by a trainer or behaviorist with you and your dog.
- Part 3 – Health Screening Form, required for dogs, cats and rabbits. Must be completed by a veterinarian, please attach proof of current rabies vaccination, fecal test results and proof of spay/neuter.