Orientation consists of a presentation of the various aspects of animal-assisted therapy work, Lend A Heart structure and procedures, and volunteer obligations.
- Orientation presents an opportunity for you to see how your pet adjusts to a new environment with your support – lots of people and lots of pets, in one big room.
- Orientation seating is limited and is filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve early.
- You may attend before completing a Volunteer Application Packet. But, this packet needs to be completed prior to scheduling an Evaluation appointment.
- Review and select a date – Upcoming Orientations.
- Email RSVP at least one week prior to the Orientation date and submit the online Inquiry Form.
Sunday, April 19, 2020 CANCELLED
Saturday, July 18, 2020 CANCELLED
Saturday, October 24, 2020 CANCELLED
At least one week before, RSVP to email@example.com. Also, click on and complete our short online Inquiry Form.
Check in at 8:30 a.m. Orientation is from 8:45 – 11:45 a.m.
Orientations are held at the Sacramento UC Cooperative Extension 4145 Branch Center Road, Sacramento, 95827
Ready to volunteer?
The packet has three parts:
Part 1 – Volunteer Application – Now ONLINE – Click HERE to START Part 1
Parts 2 & 3 – To be downloaded, printed, completed, and returned by mail or email (scanned).
Part 2 – Obedience and Behavior Verification Form (dogs only), completed by a trainer or behaviorist with you and your dog.
Part 3 – Health Screening Form, required for dogs, cats and rabbits. Must be completed by a veterinarian, please attach proof of current rabies vaccination, fecal test results and proof of spay/neuter.