Orientation consists of a presentation of the various aspects of animal-assisted therapy work, Lend A Heart structure and procedures, and volunteer obligations.
- Orientation presents an opportunity for you to see how your pet adjusts to a new environment with your support – lots of people and lots of pets, in one big room.
- Orientation seating is limited and is filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve early.
- You may attend before completing a Volunteer Application Packet. But, this packet needs to be completed prior to scheduling an Evaluation appointment.
- Review and select a date – Upcoming Orientations.
- Email RSVP at least one week prior to the Orientation date and submit the online Inquiry Form.
Sunday, June 5, 2022 – Park Role-Play (outside) – Ruhkala Park, Rocklin – 10a to 11a
At least one week before, RSVP to email@example.com. Also, click on and complete our short online Inquiry Form.
We are currently unable to access our usual orientation location…(Check in at 8:30 a.m. Orientation is from 8:45 – 11:45 a.m. Orientations are held at the Sacramento UC Cooperative Extension 4145 Branch Center Road, Sacramento, 95827)
Ready to volunteer?
The packet has three parts:
Part 1 – Volunteer Application – Now ONLINE – Click HERE to START Part 1
Parts 2 & 3 – To be downloaded, printed, completed, and returned by mail or email (scanned).
Part 2 – Obedience and Behavior Verification Form (dogs only), completed by a trainer or behaviorist with you and your dog.
Part 3 – Health Screening Form, required for dogs, cats and rabbits. Must be completed by a veterinarian, please attach proof of current rabies vaccination, fecal test results and proof of spay/neuter.