RELAX…Lend A Heart Evaluation is not a test!
It’s a series of exercises that demonstrates communication, teamwork and visiting skills. Experienced Lend A Heart volunteers will guide and support you through each step.
- Practice obedience with your dog without treats in different distracting environments, i.e. outside a dog park, Petco, Petsmart, Green Acres,…
- Practice the LAH Evaluation Exercises provided at Orientation or download the summary.
- Gain and maintain confidence with your pet – work on visiting skills with your dog, cat, or rabbit, with friends, family, and strangers, if possible.
LAH Evaluations are held three or four times per year.
Evaluation appointments are made when we receive your complete Volunteer Application Packet.
Next Evaluation dates are:
Sunday, February 9, 2020
Saturday, May 30, 2020
Saturday, August 15, 2020
Saturday, November 21, 2020
Sacramento UC Cooperative Extension
4145 Branch Center Road, Sacramento, 95827
- Attend one shadow visit.
- Attend a general meeting.
- Attend an orientation.
- Submit a COMPLETE Volunteer Application Packet – all 3 parts.
Once you have a confirmed Evaluation appointment with Lend A Heart, arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment to exercise and relax your dog, and check in with our greeter. The Evaluation and debrief usually last about 45 minutes to one hour.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.